Why is GLD Considered the Best Design Solution at any Price?
Some users have asked us to help them cost justify the purchase of a full featured
design suite over less expensive and limited apps. We're flattered by the
requests and proud to produce the most advanced software design suit available at
any price. To understand why GLD is the best software available today, it is worthwhile to
understand our business model and incentives for software development.
We specialize in geothermal software, thermal conductivity and the commercial
geothermal marketplace. Our software has been designed in response to "real world" commercial designers and their needs.
There are certainly other less expensive offerings available which have been supported by
government grants and academics which are not designed to compete in a free
market or meet the needs of Professional Engineers. When you compare,
you will find our product is far more advanced, easier to use, and developed to support
numerous accepted design
Here are some of the basic differences between GLD and other less sophisticated
- GLD has the most flexible user interface. Our modular
design enables you to do more "what if" modeling and perform multiple design simulations to optimize the plan.
Our "what if" data is supported by numerical and visual output to help
better understand the cause and effect of design changes.
- GLD is designed to support a broad international market, including multiple languages
and international pipe sizes.
- GLD supports three major heat transfer theories including:
- ASHRAE standard theory
- European standard theory
- Hourly simulation function
No other software packages, at any price, can do this.
- GLD integrates with AutoCAD, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, IES.
Other programs do not.
- GLD enables you to design and compare vertical,
horizontal and pond systems. Other programs do not. We understand
appropriate designs are not, "one size or type fits all".
DESIGN FLEXIBILITY AND ACCURACY:
- GLD provides a range of professional design reports that can be
customized with your company logo. Reports are suitable to both
engineers and end customers. Other programs do not offer this.
- GLD provides a built-in finance and lifecycle costing module for
real world economics. Other programs do not.
FLUID DYNAMICS AND PIPING DESIGN:
- GLD can integrate an optional thermal conductivity data analysis module.
Other programs do not.
- GLD enables you to compare and contrast multiple design approaches at the same time.
No other program can do this at any price.
- GLD lets designers test the impact of adding hybrid
coolers/heaters into the system. GLD can shave peak load
levels or cut total energy introduced to the loopfield. No
other geothermal design program cna do this.
- GLD enables you to design absolutely any type of vertical loopfield.
No other program offers this versatility or flexibility.
- GLD has the ability to perform a multiple zone-by-zone analysis
including a range of advanced pump matching tools. No other
program does this.
COAXIAL HEAT EXCHANGERS:
- The NEW GLD Piping System Buider offers a fully automated
calculation of the piping system for a balanced, efficient and cost
effective system. The Piping System Designer utilizes the
extensive computational fluid dynamics module that essentially
designs your piping and headers for you. NO other geothermal design
package can do this.
- The GLD piping module provides critical parameters that can be used
in specifying designs that work for real-world operation
and purging. This is an important part of the design that no other
geothermal design product covers.
- Need international pipe sizes? GLD has them. No
approximating when you have real built-in pipe tables. You
can also specify I.D. and O.D. parameters for specialized
- GLD has a vast library of fluids used around the world and
understands the viscosity and impact of temperature change on
pumping performance. You don't get this with other
ONGOING SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT:
- The GLD Vertical Borehole Module now features Coaxial Heat
Exchangers. Our software actually computes the heat exchange and
doesn't approximate using marketing factors as is the case in some other
products. This allows a true cost/performance comparison between
U-Bend loops and Coaxial exchangers.
- GLD is supported by a full time team that responds quickly to
questions. We believe in constant improvement of our product.
- In a nutshell, GLD is a much more advanced, professional and capable product. Our product is a full-time commercial endeavor.
We also have a full time support staff. There are far more P.E.'s that
are willing to stake their reputation on results that GLD can provide
because they have compared the features, support and results. There is just
a lot more "under the hood" than in any other geothermal heat exchange
Thank you for considering GLD and the differences that set us apart
from any other geothermal offerings available at any price.