NEW Online Training
“After sitting through only two of the course sessions, I went back and looked at some of my past feasibility studies. Using the information that I had learned so far, I was able to optimize the systems and cut as much as 15% off the previous bore field lengths. The information presented in the course not only helped me to better understand the GLD modeling program, but also answered some of my longstanding questions about geothermal systems in general. I am very happy with everything that was presented and would recommend the course to anyone who is planning on using the software for their geothermal modeling.”
Antares Group Inc.
GLD Training - Loopfields and Piping Design
- Web Workshop Series
Thermal Dynamics, in conjunction with the Geothermal Training Institute, is currently offering a web workshop series entitled, "GLD Training - Loopfields and Piping Design." The objective of this series is to provide the geothermal designer with a working knowledge of GLD to design and optimize a geothermal system. Examine the critical phases of the loopfield design, by importing building and modeling loads and configuring a loopfield. Correctly match the heat pump between the building and loopfield to develop a complete system. Design a piping system using the revolutionary piping design system to create systems that are balanced and purgeable.
Utilizing the industry leading Ground Loop Design (GLD) Software Suite, this series will show how to use the design and simulation power of the software in the preparation of realistic designs for different situations, including a full session dedicated to presentation of example designs from the instructor as well as looking at some actual system designs from the course participants. Two-way interaction with an expert instructor provides the geothermal professional with the tools he or she needs to use GLD with confidence.
Each session runs approximately three (3) hours
Below is the syllabus for the web workshop training:
- Session 1: Loopfield System with GLD
- Part 1: Groundloop Design Overview; Design Principles
- Part 2: Loads, Loads Modules and Heat Pumps
- Part 3: Heat Exchanger Design – Vertical; Horizontal
- Part 4: Life Cycle Costing
- Session 2: Piping Configuration with GLD
- Part 1: Piping system basics
- Part 2: The Importance of a Well Designed Piping System
- Part 3: Using the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Module
- Session 3: Exercise Lab w/Student Data and Examples
- Part 1: Example System Designs and Simulations
- Part 2: Discussion of project data from Students with feedback